Thursday, August 25, 2011

Inspiration for the daily journal kit

Hi all..

So here's the inspiration if you want to, how I use the daily art journal kit.

You know my scrapbooking is not all about the products, but for the memories and stories of daily life that's happening and also the photos. It's because I want to pass the stories to my children, and memory's is fickle. You tend to forgot daily stuff (which is life), and only remember the big events.

So I took part of this record your week, to take photos and journal them. From Sunday to the next Sunday I took photos from my iphone (love the iphone app photos) and print them, and then journal about my week.

Here's some of the layout:

The cover


using washi tape to write on (the right page)

washi tapes on the left page, and the right page: exclusive doily stitched on paper

another washi tapes, and also stitched page on the right



right side: stitched and punched doily paper on paper

That's the art journal. As you can see I do a lot of writing, my own handwriting. Never be afraid of your own handwriting. It adds personal touches, and just write the stories, how you feel, what's happening on your day.

I will not blog for the next 2 weeks, as Idul Fitri's approaching and my maids will go back to their own cities.  I need to take care of my kids full time (ergo, no blogging). All the moms in Claire's school kind of complained about having no maids for the holidays... hehehe.. and I thought, we're totally pampered here, compared to other moms living overseas who have no maid at all.

What about you? What are you doing on the Idul Fitri's holiday? Where are you going??

To those of you who celebrates, Happy Idul Fitri! Minal aidin wal faizin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment