Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vietnamese food

Hi all..

I love vietnamese food, I do, when it's good and proper like in Vancouver or Sydney.
But, in Indonesia, there's not much of them here.

Here in Menteng Plaza, there's this vietnamese restaurant called Do An, which the beef noodle soup is just so so, but we love the fresh spring roll so much. I'm not a fan of fresh spring roll (my husband is a big fan), but this one, I have to agree, is the best in town. My husband introduce me to it, and I gotta say, I like it. I tried a lot of fresh spring roll everywhere in Jakarta, and the best one is still in Do An.

My favorite vietnamese food usually is the beef noodle soup with beef ball, and the deep fried spring roll. Aaah.. I still can taste the spring roll in two resto in Vancouver.... I miss them a lot!!

the fresh spring roll. If you order this one only for your lunch, you'll feel full already

the fresh spring roll and the lemon grass tea.

deep fried spring roll

seafood fried rice for my daughter, who's fanatical about it.
 Another surprise that I love is the lemon grass tea. Try them if you're in Do An, or any other vietnamese restaurant. It's so refreshing to drink.

Oh, and the bonus when I went to Menteng Plaza, which is the adorama building, is the turtle and the fish! My daughter loves looking at the turtle!


Turtle is not shy either.. this is the best shot of turtle that I have ever got, it's because it's standing up straight and curious about the daughter and the camera.. he he he..

have a great week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment