Monday, August 8, 2011

The essence of scrapbooking for me.

Hi all..

as promised, this is one of the projects that I've done last 2 weeks.. My daughter is 4 years old now, and only now I just finished her baby album.. :P. And I haven't started to do one for my 2 years old..

For me, the process of scrapbooking is not just about the papers and the design and the art making scrapbook, to make it more flowerful or more decorated. Scrapbooking is about recording your memories, and of course, beautiful papers help! I'm usually inspired by the papers first, and then making the album. I try to not pressuring myself to make the best decorated album or anything, but also recording the memories, knowing that years from now, my daughters and her granchildren would love to know the stories and memories recorded, regardless whether it's fully embelished or not.

Lots of people usually afraid to jot down their handwriting on the scrapbooking papers, afraid that it'll diminished the pretty papers. But your handwriting is important. Years from now, your children and grandchildren would get a glimpse of you, of your handwriting, of things that you've touched, and that's priceless. By all means, just jot it down, no matter how messy your handwriting is. It just make it more personalized.
How I wished I have my grandmother's handwriting and her memories of each photos. I don't have one. All I have is just browned pictures of them without dates and names of the people. I wish I have the stories, the date, the who and the what of each pictures. And now I'm making that for our children.

Here's my example that scrapbooking doesn't need to be fancy. It could be just a simple decoration and your writing.

Oh, btw, you can also purchase the album from me as well, I made some of them for sale too. heheheh.. the size is 6x6", the pages are alternated, one decorated and one blank for you to write your own stories. If you are interested, just contact me at 0817.03330.687. Thanks.













I didn't post all twelve pages of the twelve months.. but you got the gist. Wait for some more mini albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment