Saturday, July 2, 2011

quiet time

pardon the absence from the blogging....

it's because my first born daughter went to school for the first time last monday. I have to take her to school and wait for her as well, as I choose the Morning Star Academy for her school. (it's part home schooling, so parents are very involved in the kids' education).

So, it's kind of hard for me to hear her cry, "mama, mama!" and yet, she has to adjust to school's environment and all.. and she also has to catch up with the academics, as kindergarteners are already learning about phonics and blending the consonant and vowel.

When I'm stressed out, sometimes I took an hour or two in the afternoon, just to have quiet time. Usually I will go to Starbucks, have a frappucino and just write. That's my quiet time. To write down everything that bugs me and write down my prayers, my thoughts, everything. And it helps. A lot.
It clears my mind, it process my thoughts, and then suddenly I know what to do, or have a list of to do and crossed off my worried list.

I'm thankful for frappucino, it's a God given idea (at least for me.. I would just sigh after the first sip, it's my alternative to chocolate).



And the last time I went, I ordered the chocolate whoopie pie as well.. Hope you have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment