Tuesday, July 5, 2011

book review

Hi again today..

It's been so long since I post a blog on a book review. So I decided to do that today.
I've been reading this book about Cleopatra, it's a new arrival books, and it's on the Amazon best-seller.
The book reads like history book. All about facts. When I bought it I thought it's going to be like a novel light reading, but it's not. Lots of historical facts, and it's interesting in a way. If you don't like history, then don't read it. But if you do, it's very interesting reading.
For example, the places in the bible come alive in this book. Talking about King Herod, Ephesians, Philippi, Rome of course, and Jewish people.
I didn't see the movie Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor, so I have no idea about her detailed relationship with Julius Cesar and Mark Anthony. I thought, how can she married two guys? Is she betraying one for the other? Apparently, Julius died, and then she was Mark's mistress. Oops.. sorry for the spoiler.. he he he..

Another one is Free Food for Millionaires, by Min Jin Lee. It's a very thick book, but it's so well written. All the emotions and the situation in the book, is so very relatable to any asians living in USA. I recommend them highly for your reading. I can't put down the book till 4 am in the morning. It's that good. Or, i'm a bookaholic. tee he he....

The reason I sold these two books is that I know I don't want to read them anymore, albeit they're good. I need to make more space for my new books, which I keep buying. My husband can't take it anymore with the overflow of the bookshelves, I have to stack two rows of book in a shelf and he doesn't like it at all. So.. I really have to choose books that he hasn't read and I want to read it over and over again to keep.

Here's the photos of my own book. If you want to buy the books, just contact me on the mentioned number.
More post coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment