Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Laskar Pelangi Musical

Hey all..

This past Sunday me, my husband and couple of friends went to this indonesian musical called Laskar Pelangi in Taman Ismail Marzuki.

I have no expectation whatsoever for the musical. My husband is the one who wanted to go, because we heard so many recommendation to go for it. So we went.

It blew my mind. I've been to a lot of musicals in my whole life, especially when I was still in school. I went to Broadway musicals, local theatre company musical in Granville Island, and ballet, and operas. And this Laskar Pelangi musical, it's really really good and it can compare to musicals overseas.
The story, the background, the actors, the songs, everything is sooo soo good, that when I have no expectation, i can say that this is a great, exquisite musical, no matter where I saw it.
It makes me feel that I am in a small country, and you can feel the spirit of the story and all.
Also makes me want to see the movie, which I haven't, and friends are raving about it as well.

Well, this is us (me and husband) in the Taman Ismail Marzuki theater in Jakarta. The theater is a small one, but it's pretty and nice.







Hope you get to catch the musical. It's ended on 11 July 2011.  Go buy the ticket while available.
Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment