Tuesday, April 26, 2011

life of Henrietta Lacks

Hey all..

one thing that's exciting is that I already figured out how to insert pictures in my blog! Yay!
I have someone come over and teach me about photoshop cs3, and trying to edit and stuff and how to transfer them to my website and blog.
Another yay thing is that my website is done, but i haven't uploaded all the pictures over there. What I mean by done is the designing and engineering part of the website is done, and now it's my part to make it done "done", you know what i mean? he he he..

more books that i read over the weekend...


The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloof.
(Sorry about the pictures.. the glares and all.. it's because all the books that I have, I have to cover them up with plastics bookcover.)

This is by far the best book about science that I can even understand of. It's easy to read and the author makes it easy for us to follow the story back and forth.

It's about the life of Henrietta, HeLa dna that helps science with lots of stuff. It's story about dna, science, and also the stories about Henrietta's family after she died. How they have to cope with life after her death and even of her dna that still lives.

This book has been a bestseller over in USA and Canada. We (in Indonesia) have to wait for a long time to get it over here. Wishing I still live in Vancouver and go to Chapters bookstores almost everyday. Thinking about browsing and touching books over the shelves. Drinking starbucks and reading books and listening to the raindrops.. ahhh.... pure bliss for me. What's your bliss?

in the meantime.. have to work on my website and editing pictures. Hope your day is better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment