Monday, April 18, 2011

don't judge a book by it's cover

hey you out there...

i'm sure someone will read this and this blog will have lots of followers.. :D

instead of making scrapbooks, i'm wasting my time reading.. is it wasting time or getting knowledge? for me, if the book is bad, it's like a waste of time. the thing about me is, once i read the book, no matter how bad it is, i want to know the ending and what's happened to the character at the end. 

this is a book that i think is a waste of my time. The Case of Imaginary Detective by Karen Joy Fowler. Don't get me wrong, i like her other book: The Jane Austen Book Club, that's why i bought this book. Another reason i buy this is also the cover of the book is so pretty, you know? and the title, i think it's curious, so i thought it's a good book as well. But never judge a book by its cover, and it's true this time.



This book is about 29 years old girl who's recently orphaned, her dad just died, and her mom and brother died a long time ago as well. And so she went to her godmother's house in california, who's a famous mystery novels writer. In that house she wanted to learn more about her father and godmother relationship. It's a clutter if i may say so. it's just stories of her trying to find closure, or finding out more about her dad, her godmother, and the story behind her godmother's mystery novels.

But hey, what i think is not a good novel, might be good for someone else. Everyone taste is different, and this book comes highly recommended by Alice Sebold, which is another good writer..

have a great day...

2 comments:

  1. Hi:) I wish I had more time so I can read again. The closest thing I come to enjoying a novel is flipping through art journaling books quickly before I'm needed again by baby. I envy you!

    PS I do ship to Indonesia (to answer the comment you left on my blog). I just sold a kit to someone in indonesia but not sure if it's you. If it's not you, you can check shipping cost by adding the items to your cart and entering your mailing info and cart will tell you what cost is. Hope that helps! -eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem as you! No matter how bad the book is, I have to finish it, just because I want to know the end (though sometimes you kinda know already), like when I got suckered into the Twilight series... oh gosh, don't get me started..

    ReplyDelete