Thursday, April 28, 2011

Handmade scrapbook journal

2 blog entries in one day.. ha ha ha..

I want to talk about journaling. Writing down stuff. I read the book about happiness, because back then i feel i'm so not happy and all. And the book talk about all sorts of things that will make you happier.
One of them is giving back, having time to your self, and also journaling.
Why journaling? It makes your brain regulates your thoughts, to force your brain to recognize it, and then create solution for it. Makes you more aware of your thoughts that's not clear or thought that scares you (fear, worry, etc etc.) and cleans you up from all those thoughts.

And i did it. Journal. It helps in so many ways. You know when you have so much thoughts that it's a jumble mess in your head? When i stop and went away and just write alone (without kids of course), it makes me feel better. First is I just write whatever comes to my mind, and then somehow I can compile my thoughts, my worries, my fear, my concerns, my problems, and then somehow, have the solution for it.

Bill Hybels always do journaling in the morning. He says it helps him focused. It's true. What I write in my journal is just my prayers, my request, my daily thoughts and I write them down to my God.
It's like I'm carrying conversation with Him.
With all my complains, my thanksgiving, and problems, my wishes, I can create list and also if i have problem and there's no solution for it, I have the perfect one: pray and ask for His help. And so I don't need to carry the burden anymore. It lightens me up. Frees me up.

I used to journal when I was single. I have couple of journals that's full. But somehow with the kids and all.. don't have that much time anymore. Then my husband says, then, just go away where you can just be alone, have quiet time and do it. You don't have the excuse of not doing it. What's good for you will be good for the family as well. It's so true.

So, I made couple of journals for myself, and then I was thinking, why not for others as well?

Here are couple of them that I made, and it's also for sale. If you want to buy it, it's Rp 100,000 each (not including shipping cost) by contacting me via sms: 0817.03330.687


 The inside of gratitude journal:

 The inside of prayer journal:




The inside of food lover's journal:


The inside of movie journal:


Blank journal:


Maybe most of you wondering, why gratitude journal? Because when you write down things that you are grateful of, your outlook of life will be different. It forces your brain to look at different directions, little things, big things that you haven't notice, but important. And you'll feel blessed and happy, because of those little things. Gratitude lifts up your spirit. It's true.

Well, enjoy.. have fun watching Kate and William's wedding today.. It's their wedding day today! Congratulations to the newlywed.. I can't wait for the magazines to publish their wedding pictures, you know? the dress, the parties, the guests.. I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Have a great one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment