Monday, September 26, 2011

Handwritten layout

Second post of the day... hm....

Now I just want to share for the scrapbookers out there, to not be afraid of journaling your layout with your own handwriting. If you hand down your albums for the next generations, they would love it so much to see handwritten notes. They would see your personality, your handwriting, your story, and it added extra touch.
I also want to encourage you to not be afraid of making mistakes or crossing out words that you spelled wrong.

Scrapbooking is not all about perfection, not about making the best and greatest layout (although that would be fun to do as well). But the heart of it, it should be about your photos, and your stories behind the photos. To record what you remember about the day you take the photos, and that your sons/daughters/loved one would see a glimpse of your world, of how you live your life. It's memories and stories passed down from generations to generations. I think that's the main point of scrapbooking.

So now I'm sharing a layout, and noticed that I made a misspelled words and I crossed them out. I'm not re-doing it, and I'm leaving it just as it is. It's my prayers for my daughter Ariel, the blessings and hopes that I have for her future. I just want to record my prayer, and when she's older, she can remember the heart of a mother who wants the best for her. And that God answered prayers. That God is faithful. That God is with her, always.





If you care about products (ha ha ha.. as I do) I'm using Sassafras sunshine broadcast as the background, and My Little Shoebox for the girls embelishment. I also use Tattered Angels glimmer mist for the drops of ink (love love love using it, it added more 'oomph' to my layouts), and sassafras alphabet stickers for title. The rest is little bit of scraps paper to add dimensions.
The top strip of the layout is washi tapes that I have on my store, and the bottom strip I'm using Crate Paper emma's shop.

That's all, and I'll be showing my birthday layout soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment