Friday, October 21, 2011

Enlarging my soul

Last night I went to leader's meeting in JPCC, and boy, it's like a reminder to me, to my soul.
Ps Jeffrey Rachmat was preaching on the topic of making your soul prosper.
Because if your soul prosper, then your life will prosper as well. If your soul is small, then your life will be small too.
Soul is our thoughts, our feelings, our wills.
So, how do we enlarge our soul? How do we prosper our soul?
By giving. By giving attention to others, by giving your time, your resources to others.
This life is not about receiving (lots of people have no problems receiving), but it's about giving.
Honour comes when someone give something out, not when people receive.
When we share, our world gets larger. We embrace other people, there's not just me, myself and I, but others.
When there's selfishness, there's always conflict.
So it is better to give than to receive. Jesus said, the biggest of you should be the servant of all.
We need discipline to give, to not be selfish, to remember others, and to care for others.
That's my reminder. My life is not about just me, my kids, my husband, my family.
It should also be about other people. To make myself available for other people as well.
It's a wake up call for me.

Anyway... I have couple of layouts and art journal to share, but not yet. I can't leave this blog without some pictures, so here goes, words of wisdom that I got from pinterest. Hope it will encourage you too.





Also on leader's meeting, my husband was doing great delivering the 5 minute preaching. Pheww.. kinda a bit nervous of him doing it, but he's very good! He says all of his points, it's short, to the point, and understandable. I'm very proud of him.

And another note, there's this movie called Langit Biru, is going to be in the cinemas everywhere, your nearest 21, Cineplex and Blitz on 17 November.  It's a pre-teen movie about friendship, how you value your friends and others, and say no to bullying. It's gonna be great! If you have a children who's pre teen or teenagers, please watch it together. Ari Wibowo, Becky Tumewu, Yosi Mokalu, Tika Panggabean is going to be in the movie, along with newer movie star generations.. he he he..

So, have a great week end y'all.. Let's see if I have time to blog tomorrow or even later in the day, I would love to share one of my layouts!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment